Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Costumed Capers

I am finally getting around to posting our Halloween costumes. I feel a bit behind, since many of my friends had pictures up the next day. On the plus side, I think I'm about halfway through my quarterlies.

Chase went as Skulduggery Pleasant this year. Skulduggery is the Skeleton Detective of a series by Derek Landy. It is set in Dublin, Ireland and is very interesting. Unfortunately, it isn't as well known as, for example, the Harry Potter series, so most people simply found the costume creepy. I think they thought he was the invisible man or Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Skulduggery Pleasant costume

Marina knitted his skull mask. And of course, since he was fully covered in a suit, knitted hat, fedora, scarf and gloves, it was a warm night. A warm and wet night. My boots are still drying out from walking around in the downpour.

Sierra threw together a superhero costume at the last minute because we couldn't find wings for her star fairy costume idea. This is why you shouldn't wait until the day to tell mom you want to be a star fairy. But I like the superhero costume. I painted a mask onto her face and decorated it with glitter. I think she could be fighting side by side with the Incredibles in this outfit!

Superhero costume

Well, except for the cape...

Marina spent the night at home, waiting for trick or treaters with dad. They had a good time watching Vincent Price in "The Pit and the Pendulum" and "The Fall of the House of Usher." But she will remind you that neither movie followed the plot of the book.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awesome!! And I love Edgar Allan Poe.

Inner Elder said...

Chase's costume is so unique. Love it! I thought Sierra's mask was real - how much lovelier to have your Mom paint it on! Sorry I missed their Halloween (not sorry about not walking in the rain). Love, Grandma

Vicki said...

Sounds like a wonderful night!

We skipped the trick or treating this year and no one came to the house. Which was good! (cCnsidering where we live, hehe, it would have been scary if they did!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...