Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Home Spun comic strip #198

Home Spun comic strip #198

I was never sure if I could get both of my children to love poetry until a friend of mine set up a homeschool poetry writing workshop with gifted writer and homeschooling veteran, Laurie Spigel. I was always hesitant about writing workshops, knowing the patience level and shyness factor of my children. Surrounded by their friends and under Laurie's gentle and creative guidance, they both found their own path to poetry. Laurie has a wonderful website, Home School NYC full of useful resources (she recommended the book we use for poetry) and information for NY homeschoolers.

1 comment:

Lydia Netzer said...

Oooo post some examples! I want to hear BOTH those poems -- the dinosaur one and the land in the sky one. :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...