Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Liebster Blog and HSBA nominations

I have been so wrapped up in my project lately, I've neglected to mention some honors I've received lately. Consider this the catch up post!


I was recently honored to notice this post from my blogger friend at Once Upon a Family

Here is what the award is about: The Liebster Blog Award started (sometime in the recent past) in Germany to encourage traffic to hidden gems of blogs with 300 followers or less. So it is an award you receive, but also an award you give (share the love kinda thing). If you receive a Liebster Blog Award you are asked to choose 3-5 other bloggers and link back to the blogger that gave you the award.

The blogs I am passing the award on to are:
  • Home School Dad: I've been reading Home School Dad's blog for a while. I come for the jokes and stay for the thoughts. He will be running the Carnival of Homeschooling this week.
  • Homeschooling on Hudson: It's funny, we live near each other, but this homeschooler is always on the go, so I haven't seen her for a while! She has wonderful photos and awesome links on her blog. She also covers news regarding homeschooling. This month she and her son are working on NaNoWriMo, which she has provided links for.
  • Lost Persons Homeschool: This creative homeschooler's recent posts cover her daughter's project on renewable energy, a topic near and dear to my heart. Be sure to look at the excellent poster her daughter made using Power Point!

I'm going to have to stop at three, but only because it is so hard to choose. I follow so many blogs, and I think all of them nourish me in some way--spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, or some combination of the three.



I have also been honored with nominations in three categories at the Homeschool Blog Awards. I'm listed for Favorite Homeschool Mom Blog, Funniest Homeschool Blog, and Best Nitty-Gritty Homeschool Blog. Honestly, I am deeply grateful to my readers who took the time to nominate me. I do what I do for you, and I appreciate that you feel the need to reward me when your comments and visits here are reward enough! I recently had my 100th follower, Beth at Living Life Intentionally. To hit that milestone is so impressive to me. I'm humbled that so many of you want to read what's happening in my little corner of the blogosphere! Thank you all for the inspiration! It keeps me focused on my goal to get this book together for you and to keep cranking out new comics for you to enjoy!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations all the way around!

Home School Dad said...

Thanks for the award. Here is the blog post with my Liebsters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...