Monday, March 5, 2007

Home Spun strip #68

Home Spun comic strip #68

All kid are different. How often have you heard that? So simple, so often repeated, and yet so unheeded. After all, isn't the whole purpose of school to fit all these square pegs into neat round holes? Even I've been guilty of trying to use the same teaching techniques on Chase simply because they worked with Marina. Schooling seems to be an endless experiment of trying out different tools to satisfy each child's unique learning style. Now that I've begun teaching Sierra I find that I'm starting out new right alongside her. At least I don't get bored.
There is a wonderful talk by Sir Ken Robinson on creativity and public education. I highly recommend it. I've been trying to incorporate it into my education philosophy. The talk is about 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...