Monday, May 7, 2007

7 Random Things About Myself

I was tagged by Halfmoon Happenings to tell 7 random things about myself. I guess that's more polite than the weird lists I've filled in.

1. I actually look for snakes when we go on hikes. I've been told this is strange. I think it's cool, as they are hard to find around here.

2. I can identify 4 different types of sparrows. When I was a kid, I thought that a sparrow was a sparrow, but I was wrong.

3. I will push my kids to ask questions and speak up for themselves. Not because I want them to speak up for themselves. More because of my own anxieties about speaking up.

4. I talk to the cats. Thanks to Marina, they answer.

5. I once attended the wedding of a friend who was a fire eater. She married the human blockhead. It was...interesting.

6. I painted scenes on our bedroom and bathroom doors. Still waiting for time to finish my door. They all are fantasy themed. The bathroom has a nice mountain scene with waterfalls and a mermaid.

7. I find odd sources of homeschooling inspiration. This year, my kids' physics textbook was The Physics of Superheroes. A math supplement for my son was the Murderous Maths series.

I don't know who to tag. If you want to do this, let me know and I'll go look!

2 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

You should show us your painted doors. I would not like to go for walks for you if you were snake hunting though.

Amelia Antwiler said...

*L*
I got tagged, too. Come see.
I'm surprised that you'd actually seek out snakes. 'Round this neck of the woods, you'd find rattlers.

What snakes do you have up there?

I talk to our cat. My mom always insisted that cats talked back and she was right. They really do try to communicate in ways that require you to do things for them. :-) Maggie will wander around the house at night and mew at me telling me it's time for bed. sometimes she'll run and hop into the covers before I do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...