Saturday, May 26, 2007

Our Homeschooling "Desks"

Ever watch "The Big Comfy Couch?" This was one of Marina's favorite shows when she was little. It's about a clown named Loonette and her dolly and the big couch where they apparently stuff all their belongings when they "clean up" the room at the end of the show. We allowed Marina to watch because one of Loonette's clown friends rides a unicycle and every once in a while someone juggled.

We have two comfy couches. Chase usually plays and studies on one, Marina on the other. My children, being children, are not always meticulous about returning things to their proper places. Once, Chase asked me for a pencil and I sarcastically replied, "Why don't you reach in between the cushions and see if you can find one?" He dutifully reached in and found a pencil! (Saving that for a future comic strip.)

Below is a picture I took of Marina's couch on a typical afternoon. As you can clearly see, she was working on algebra, Latin, word study, and kirigami. The kirigami would decorate a card she was making. Just in case the temperature suddenly drops out of the 80's, she has two fleece throws to choose from.

comfy couch
I dream of a day when I don't have to remove objects to sit down. We have a craft table too. Some call it the floor. I would love to see other homeschoolers' "desks." Leave a comment if you post a picture on your blog and I'll visit!

1 comment:

TobyBo said...

#211

Glad you found my new spot! It's kind of fun comparing features at one site and another.

I love your "craft table." We generally sit on our floor and have stuffed toys or books on all the chairs...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...