Saturday, January 19, 2008

Interesting Finds

I'm in love. With words. I was searching for a word definition recently and found The Free Dictionary. This is a site that was made for word lovers like me. It features a word of the day, several search engines with links to various dictionaries and Wikipedia, and word building activities. My daughter is hooked too. She's been playing the matching game and hangman daily. She may even have discovered one or two words she didn't know before.

My sister sent this interesting site that plays old kiddie records. I find this site interesting just for the children's book illustrations on the old album covers. I suppose I will always be a children's illustrator at heart.

My children were also very interested in this Time Magazine photo essay about the book Hungry Planet. Have you ever thought about how much you spend for groceries in a week? This really made us think about what we are buying and also gave us a window into the eating habits of people in other countries.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...