Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Home Spun comic strip #228

Home Spun comic strip #228

My dear friend Erynn has a gift for organizing classes and events. While I would be content to spend all of my time socializing with one or two homeschooling families and do our "formal" schooling on my own, Erynn has organized writing groups, reading groups, science class, art class, ballroom dance, etc. If she says we will only do one particular class on a particular day, I smile, knowing that by the end of the term there will be 2 or 3 activities on that day. Some of these I've gone to, but many times I opt out.

This is not to say that my way or her way is better. I am simply trying to show the diversity in my homeschooling group. If Erynn had not organized the art class, I would not have taken it over and ended up drawn back into my artistic roots. I admire her stamina, but I also know my limits and my children's limits. On the plus side, if I ever need an event arranged, I know that my dear friend will be there for me, bringing in new families with various talents to share with our group.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...