Monday, October 20, 2008

Home Spun comic strip #281

Home Spun comic strip #281

And now to turn our attention to logic.

"Logic!" said the Professor half to himself. "Why don't they teach logic at these schools?"
~The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

One of the many things that attracted me to the classical education model was the idea of teaching my children logic. I never studied logic in school, and I figured I could learn right along with my kids. Had I realized how much of logic involved puzzles, I might have taught myself sooner. Because of my own experience with school, I figured logic was one of those dull subjects taught out of a dusty old textbook. And face it, Mr. Spock never seemed very exciting either.

4 comments:

biblioholic29 said...

I was lucky enough to have a father who introduced us early on to the joy of logic puzzles. When we were about to board a plane or were home sick, we were sure to get a book of logic puzzles from dad to keep us busy. To this day I always keep some on hand. They've done amazing things for me in life and are expected to help ward off diseases like Alzheimer's. I applaud everyone who sees the importance of logic, even in these illogical times!

TobyBo said...

~ what! what! Mr Spock not exciting!

get the smelling salts!

Inner Elder said...

I love the way you get your message across, with a touch of humor. Just goes to show that different parts of the brain are in action with you and your students. Also love your spelling strips. Love, Mom

Spinneretta said...

LOL very true... I have considered the same thing with my kids. I only WISH I could find the logic puzzles... maybe I need to look a little harder ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...