Thursday, June 24, 2010

Celebrating Every Day and Fifty Years

My dear husband's birthday is today. He has officially hit the big 5-Oh. Fifty. A half century.

In our culture, fifty is a big deal. People like to have huge celebrations to mark the occasion. When my mom turned fifty, she had a big pie fighting party complete with children's games. My husband and I juggled for her.

I did not plan a huge party for my husband. For me, every year with him is a celebration. I am grateful for every moment I am blessed to be with him. So I will be a bit subdued with the celebration and simply enjoy another day with him. Except with cake. You gotta have cake.

As a tribute for his special day, I am posting the lyrics to a some songs that always make me think of him as I drive around bringing everyone to their activities. All songs were found at Lyrics Mode.


Lyrics | Sting lyrics - You Were Meant For Me lyrics

5 comments:

Kez said...

Happy b'day hubby!

~*~The Family~*~ said...

Happy birthday to your husband. May he have many more cakes to enjoy!

Inner Elder said...

Happy Birthday Golden Reed! You are a wonderful son-in-law and I am so happy you came into Tina's life - and stayed! Best wishes for another 50 wild, wonderful, happy, healthy years. Love, Eleanor

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Reed!
It took seconds to go from 0 to 50 and the many experiences and events that made you wiser and beloved by us all. A new life in the present and worry free may take you through the 50 to 100 in no time at all. I'm delighted to have shared some of the highlights of your first 50 and look forward to enjoying with you the next 50 treck.
Love and peace!
Angel

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Happy 5-0 to your hubby man!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...