Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home Spun comic strip #509

Home Spun comic strip #509

I have to say, I like preparing for a new school year even now that I'm unschooling. I tend to grab books and movies that interest me and leave them in view. Marina shares my history interests the most. I have noticed that Sierra is also developing the love of history. She tends to hit the children's series section of the library first, but then she heads to the biography section. She loves the Mike Venezia biographies. Chase likes anything with pirates and has also been learning a lot from his latest computer game, Age of Empires III and the extension packs for it. I don't know much about the game itself (hey, it's not my interest) but I do hear some movie segments that discuss historic events. According to Marina, the game has tasks, such as helping Crazy Horse win the Battle of Little Big Horn. Yep. OK. I just nod and smile.

3 comments:

Lori said...

my history-loving boy loved age of empires.

we prepare for the new "school year" ;^) by talking about things we are interested in doing this year .. and we are all interested to hear what everyone else says .. since we know we'll be going along with them as well. :^)

flmom said...

I'm relying on the library for our history and geography studies this year (and probably a whole lot more, I just haven't gotten around to getting things planned yet). I think you are the person that introduced me to Mike Venezia's books a few years ago. My oldest loves them (still!).

Inner Elder said...

I love the way you illustrate your curriculum planning. Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...