Thursday, July 22, 2010

Soufflé, You Say?

I have to say, when I was 8 years old, I didn't know what a soufflé was. I've never owned a ramekin and wouldn't have been able to point one out in a line-up of bakeware. But Sierra had taken this book out of the library and the recipe she wanted to try first was a soufflé. When you say you are unschooling and your daughter decides she wants to try to make a soufflé, you help her make a soufflé. Here is the play by play. (Note: Please ignore the mess. It was the first cool day we've had in a while and so I chose the optimum baking time over a neat kitchen.)
Sisi Bakes 3


Sisi Bakes 4

Sisi Bakes 5


Sisi Bakes 6

Sisi Bakes 7

You might notice the souffles slowly sinking from this point on. I think she over-mixed when she folded in the egg whites. This is why I've never tried a soufflé. Too temperamental. I'm not patient with sensitive food.

Sisi Bakes 8 Sisi Bakes 9

Slightly concave, but very tasty. An excellent job for her first time!

7 comments:

ejj1955 said...

Would Sierra like to come visit me? I have nieces who will give me a recommendation . . .

~*~The Family~*~ said...

They look very tasty!

Anonymous said...

Whateveer you called them, the picture of the suffle got my attention and made me want a taste.
Keep it up, Sierra. I love your experiments.
Love, Buelo

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chef Sierra - next time she comes to visit, she must bring her cook book!
Love, Aunt Linda

Inner Elder said...

Well I certainly know why Sierra chose chocolate! Despite what the cooking channel says, I say taste trumps presentation any day. Any way, the souffles look great. Love, Grandma

flmom said...

Oh my goodness - they're beautiful! Way to go, Sierra!!! She can bake a souffle for me any time........

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh my, they look so good!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...