Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Why do we Even HAVE Cats?

Our cats have been making us nuts lately. They sit in our houseplants, tear around the house, climb the Christmas tree, and one of them managed to knock down a tin of cookies, turning them into crumbs. Things always seem worse around the holidays, as I'm sure other pet owners can attest to. I will often cry out in exasperation, "Why do we even HAVE cats? So I wanted to take a moment to think about why we keep these fuzzy menaces...

Rosie is our cozy cuddler.
Cuddle Rosie

Hobgoblin flattens the boxes for recycling.
Hobby Box

Merlin begs on command.
Begging Merlin

Dusty is a wonderful neck warmer.
Dusty Parrot

Romeo sleeps on his back. (He's using Dusty as a pillow here.)
Romeo Snooze

And if any of this has caused you to chuckle, you know we keep them around for the laughs as well!

7 comments:

Kez said...

lol, our KitKat sits around my neck like Dusty does. He only does it with me though, no-one else in the family!

Amanda, the Head Nut said...

Our two youngest cats, Rose and Hugo, enjoy destroying the Christmas tree. They've also attempted unwrapping presents by biting off the wrapping paper. The older cats finally quit messing with anything. The bunnies are not allowed out in the house anymore because they destroy EVERYTHING (Furniture, drywall, wires, presents, papers, books, pencils, toys, clothing...). I let them play out on the deck now, but they've chewed and destroyed several wooden railings now. I much prefer cat antics to bunnies! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Cats are the reason small handguns were invented. :)

jugglingpaynes said...

Arby: I can always tell who the dog lovers are! ;o)

Inner Elder said...

I think Scribbles purpose in life is to make me more patient. The pictures are great, Tina. Love, Mom

Amelia Antwiler said...

Apparently, I keep Jack around to use as bait.
Only thing is - I don't know what I was fishing for.

flmom said...

How did I miss this post??? I need to remember to refer back to this often. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...