Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Home Spun comic strip #566

Home Spun comic strip #566

I don't know if this is particular to my family. Aside from large groups, they also have issues with any sport involving ice. My kids like to be warm. They would rather sit and talk, or work on art projects with their friends than skate endlessly in a circle until they are tired, cranky, and hungry. But they have sacrificed comfort to do things with their friends. As long as they have time to sit and chat afterward. When planning any activity, it is always a good idea bring a snack and plan some free time for the kids to simply be with their friends. It will leave happier memories of the activity and leave everyone more relaxed at the end of the day.

4 comments:

CarolynM said...

Amen to that! We moms cherish the moments when we can chat with each other, but we often overlook allowing our kiddies time to do the same.

Angel R said...

On a night like tonight,"Vispera de Reyes", the one activity I enjoyed most was to plan how I would feast the 3 kings camels with gras and water so that I could look under my bed tomorow morning to be surprised by the gifts they left me, or didn;t. Either way it was the dream that counted most, not the reality of what actually happened the next day. Kids and adults alike love to dream. Dream long enough and believe it. those dreams will becomee reality.
HAPPY THREE KINGS DAY! I love you all, Buelo

Mama Self said...

So true. We always plan to leave much later than the scheduled event: saying goodbye can take over 45 minutes by itslef!

Sorry I've been neglecting blogs for the last month. I hope you and your family had a good holiday season and that you all enjoy a wonderful 2011!!

Paula Vince said...

I like these last few posts of yours. I'd always get mixed responses when it came to group get-togethers because the kids like such different activities. Somebody always wasn't happy. And some 'down time' is vital.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...