Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Home Spun comic strip #599

Home Spun comic strip #599

Yes, I have actually overheard such statements at the library. And since Marina became a library page, she can add a few herself. Like the mother who told her child that he could only take out one book since he had too many activities to finish more than one. In fact, there are many parents out there who will only allow their child to take out one book at a time. Having put many fines and a few lost books on my library cards, I can empathize. They probably want to make sure they don't end up with too many fines. They might need that money for the next activity!

6 comments:

christinethecurious said...

I love this one Cristina!

The love of books is one of our educational goals. We call the library fines our "Homeschool curriculum extension club dues."

Jillian said...

I do have to admit, we can be caught saying, "No, you can't read in the library!" because our son will walk and read at the same time if allowed to read in public places, and he walks into people! So, though it might sound funny, we are protecting others. :) However, we are always excited to max out the number of books our kids can devour at home.

Kimberly said...

As we live in a highly regulated homeschooling state, and must list all our reading material for our SD...I have caught myself saying this to my youngest, because I have the grade level Nazis on my back!

Keep them out of your homeschool, folks! You will regret it if you don't!

Inner Elder said...

The last frame of Mom hugging Marina brought a tear. It oozed love and understanding and good parenting! Love, Mom

flmom said...

We check out so many things I have to put them on more than 1 card! (Limit of 50 items per card. Years ago it was 100 per card.)

Jan said...

Once I overheard a librarian asking a parent if a particular book, shceked out earlier, had been helpful.

Parent: "Well, he got an A!"
Librarian "Great - that's all that matters!"

Argghhh...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...