Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sneak Peek: Cover Art


You can click on the image to see a bigger view. As you may have noticed, this has been taking up a large chunk of my free time, so I don't have any more comics ready. On the plus side, the sooner I finish all of this, the faster I can get it to publication. This has been a very emotional journey for me. I find I'm having frequent anxiety attacks about the whole thing. I'm afraid I'm going to submit everything and be told I did it wrong. I'm afraid I'll discover the formatting is off when I get my review copy. I'm afraid my readers won't like it. These are the earliest comics, after all. But as the saying goes, "A life lived in fear is a life half-lived," so I am continuing forward, inching over the peak and bracing myself for the plunge. This is how I want my children to live their lives, so it only makes sense that I set an example and face my own fears.

You may have noticed, I did not put the caption into the speech bubble. The caption happens to be the title. I'm sure you can figure out the title, but just to make this fun, I've decided not to tell you. What do you think is being said here? Tell me in the comments!

8 comments:

Melissa R said...

The art is great! I am looking forward to hearing that you have a published book!

Keeley said...

Oh!!! OH!!! You're having a book published!! Oh my good gravy how FABULOUS is that?!?! I'm so excited for you. When will it be published? Will it be at our homeschool convention in May? =)

Kez said...

I'm not creative enough to come up with a caption, but can't wait for your book to be published!

jugglingpaynes said...

Thank you all!
Keeley: One thing at a time! Right now I'm just focusing on finishing the publishing process!

Stephanie said...

I am so excited for you, Cristina. :-)

seekingmyLord said...

The caption? Uh. Hmm. Well...

You see, this is why comics are not my thing! ;)

Cristina, be fearless!

Inner Elder said...

Well, you may do it "wrong" the first time or get the formatting confused. But you will learn from that. But your readers will definitely LOVE it! The cover looks great! I am so excited for you. Love, Mom

Lori said...

i think it's wonderful! congratulations!!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...