Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Home Spun comic strip #695

Home Spun comic strip #695

Sierra was born old. Maybe it was because she had siblings who were so much older than her. She always rushed forward, and so she missed a lot of stages, like picture books and easy readers. I could understand her distaste for easy readers (even though I do have my favorites, like Mr. Putter and Tabby), but it hurt that she didn't want to share my love of picture books.

The first picture books we can remember her being interested in were Dr. Seuss. Not just any Dr. Seuss, mind you, she would drag out our Dr. Seuss collections. Each volume holds six stories. I think the fact that it was big and heavy appealed to her. After all, Marina read big, heavy books. Obviously, she should too.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you enjoy my comics, the first collection, No School Today? is available from these sellers:

CreateSpace
Amazon.com

5 comments:

flmom said...

This made me smile. I've noticed the same thing with my little guy and always assumed it was due to the age span between my boys and the fact that he wants to do everything his big brother does. :)

Stephanie said...

I love Mr. Putter and Tabby and Henry and Mudge. My youngest has had a somewhat similar experience. She has always wanted to be in step with her older siblings, doing stuff that's "too advanced" for her. She browses field guides, for fun, instead of reading picture books. *LOL*

Inner Elder said...

Thank you for today's chuckle. I felt that way when you didn't want to read my childhood favorite - Nancy Drew! Love, Mom

Kez said...

I got home from holidays today to find a parcel waiting for me - your book!!! Can't wait to get stuck into reading it :)

seekingmyLord said...

I LOVE Mr. Putter and Tabby! They have been our favorite of all the children's books we read. I am still collecting them (for future grandchildren). My 10yo daughter still enjoys them, but not like when she was younger, of course. Every once in a while, she cuddle up with me and we will read them. Good memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...