Monday, November 11, 2013

A Quick Update...

October has come and gone. There is a definite chill in the air, and the skies have taken on a definite November gray. My garden is ready for a long winter's nap, and my attention has turned inward, or rather, toward the neglected rooms of our house. It's hard to believe how quickly the clutter builds up when it is left to its own devices. I am looking at towers of books and several games are scattered across the floor. I've been recycling old t-shirts, so there are balls of t-shirt yarn everywhere. That happens when you have cats.

To say we have been busy would be an understatement. My time is split between taking Chase or Sierra to where they need to go and volunteering at the library. I'm also writing again, challenging myself in the spirit of NaNoWriMo, but without the word count. For me, it's enough of a challenge to force myself to sit at the computer every day!

And still, I had to make time for the important things, like Halloween. Halloween was difficult to accomplish this year. All of our friends were heading in different directions, so it was the first time since Sierra was a baby that we trick-or-treated close to home. Sierra was feeling sad about that, but we managed to make it a good night, in spite of occasional rain.

 Here she is in her costume. She decided to go as the "Night." She painted the mask herself. In the front is a milk carton baby dragon I've been working on. He's not really finished. Maybe by next year.

Below are the pumpkins Chase and Sierra carved. Guess who carved which. I bought a third pumpkin for myself, since Marina would be away at college, but fungus beat me to it. Next year I will buy my pumpkins later in October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the costume and great job on the pumpkins. Love Aunt Linda

Inner Elder said...

That night costume is super - very imaginative, Sierra. I am sure I know who carved which pumpkin. There is one thing about the gray skies of November - they end in the most spectacular sunsets of the year! Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...