Friday, January 15, 2010

Home Spun comic strip #435

Home Spun comic strip #435

Our couch is a busy place. I don't think I saw it for most of December. It's not for lack of trying. The faster I clear it, the faster it gets covered. It happens to be the hub of activity. It sits in the living room, which is the most used room in the house by kids and cats alike. This is not surprising in the winter, since sunlight pours in through the windows, keeping us warm and energizing anything under 5'4. The couch is the spot for pillow fights and workbooks, reading and art, tents and toy stages. Until I built our current couch, it was also the lost and found. I could always count on finding missing library books in between the cushions or slid down between the seat and armrests. One of our couches also had a torn lining underneath where we would find missing cats. I just wish I could use the couch for other things sometimes. Like sitting.

6 comments:

~*~The Family~*~ said...

We have that same couch only with a few tools thrown on the ends and it is often a coat rack to boot.

Amelia Antwiler said...

I've lost my kitchen table in the same manner.

Karen said...

We also lose our dining room table in this manner - and it is our only table!
Karen

Inner Elder said...

Your furniture probably takes after your parents. Your strips are just getting funnier and funnier. thanks for the smiles! Love, Mom

Vicki said...

HaHaHa!!! A sign of too much Facebook time! I went looking for the LIKE button!! =D

Keeley said...

Ours is the dining room table. That poor thing is permanently covered in stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...