Friday, June 1, 2007

Ever Feel So Tired...

And have no idea how you ended up so busy? That's how I'm feeling right now. I just want to sit and do nothing but I keep ending up back in the car. I always know I'm doing too much when I think it would be great to get sick and have a good excuse to cancel things. :op

I know what you're thinking, "Just say no!" I usually guard my time well, since doing too much usually adds up to physical illness for me. My usual line is, "I have to check my calendar first." But that doesn't seem to be working lately. I guess all the whirlwind of activity from the number of birthdays in May just sweeps me up and doesn't let go. I thought this week would be easier, after extended weekend visiting with relatives, but then Tuesday we ended up meeting friends at the park, Wednesday was a rehearsal for a play at our friends' house (which I didn't know about until we were at the park), and Thursday was our final nature class for the year. Also in the mix were tae kwon do classes and library. Next we have a baby shower, another birthday party to go to, Sierra's ballet, Marina's Confirmation test and Chase's tae kwon do classes as well as a belt promotion test. These are the things I've already promised to do. I'm thinking I'd better bow out of some other activities people wanted me to attend next week.

Sometimes I watch my friends go from one activity to the next and I end up feeling like there is something wrong with me, because I'd much rather hang out in my garden than rush from one activity to the next. When did it become unacceptable to relax? Is it so terrible to not want to homeschool during the summer because I need a break? How did I end up surrounded by so many over-achievers? I would be very interested to know how others modify their activity.

I know you're all not used to hearing me sound like this. Believe me, it's just a combination of exhaustion and the warm days we've been having. I intend to take my Sunday for the day of rest it's meant to be and then hopefully I'll feel perky again. ;o)

On a brighter note, my contest is finishing up today and I'm looking forward to taking some time to draw with some of the interesting ideas I've gotten. I'll give everyone until the end of today to enter if you procrastinated. I'll even take Saturday entries since I probably won't have a chance to open the computer until tomorrow evening (busy, busy, busy!)

That's all for now. I have to get back in the car and return some library items that I just realized are late. *SIGH*

1 comment:

Aliadelaide said...

yes all those birthdays...and we're still only half way there.I know what you mean. It's a cold grey damp day here and dd and I think being just sick enough to go to bed, curl up with a good book...and sleeeeeep!! Heaven!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...