Monday, August 27, 2007

Home Spun comic strip #131

Home Spun comic strip #131

Anyone ever see the Marx Brothers film A Night at the Opera? I think of the scene on the ship every time I remember how many people we had crammed into our bedroom for Sierra's birth. Every bit of floor space was taken up. My parents were there helping with the kids, the midwife, her assistant, and also my friend and yoga instructor Diann, who made sure everyone was fed and was the only one who knew the time of birth.

When the time came and Sierra was pushing out into the world, nothing existed but the two of us, first in the pain of crowning and bursting the amniotic sac (breaking the bag of waters was always difficult for me--kind of like popping a mylar balloon by sitting on it) and then in the great relief of having her rush into the world. What a lesson my older children had in the miracle of birth!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh, I don't think I could homebirth. Even these last few strips have been painful to read. Can't wait 'til the baby is born!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...