Thursday, October 25, 2007

Home Spun comic strip #153

Home Spun comic strip #153

I've trained my kids to the point that instead of saying, "Mom, can I get..." they say, "Mom, when it goes on sale, can we get..."

When I return home, hubby will ask, "Was it a good hunt?"

This is me shopping. Shopping is a game. I know, I'm nuts, I'm the first to admit it, but if I'm not busy I prepare for my shopping trip. I take out the circular. I write down the sale items that we need. I always try to stock up on things we like while they're on sale, especially my coffee and cereal brands. And then I pull out the coupon box and try to match sale items to coupons. I also have to go on the correct day. If I go shopping three days into the sale week, the store hasn't restocked yet and I can't find half of the items on my list.

Lately, I've had a hard time matching coupons to sales. I've been trying to have us all eat healthier, so I tend to get more basic ingredients (except for the coffee and cereal). They don't seem to print as many coupons for less processed foods. Go figure.

Bonus points if I can get a 75 cent coupon doubled on a sale item. I win.

1 comment:

Inner Elder said...

Buying bulk on sale works if you remember that you have a stash. But you don't have to worry about that for awhile. Love the way you have baby Ana with you wherever you wander - just like it was with Sierra. And she looks just like Sierra.

Just got back to my blogging after a 2 week layoff. You might appreciate today's. It's all about "not enough time". Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...