Wednesday, May 7, 2008

This is Me Being Quiet

You may have noticed a lack of verbosity on my blog this week. Maybe you appreciated it. There are a number of reasons for that. My busy life seems to be the main cause. I'm trying to finish up a year notable for its interruptions: mainly achievements (Marina's Confirmation, Chase's black belt) and new adventures (Sierra starting homeschooling, babysitting). Usually we are wrapping up our year by May so we can celebrate all of the kids' birthdays, but I find myself needing this month to catch up on some important subjects, like math.

Spring has sprung in a most literal sense, and I find my spare time eaten up in weeding and mowing. I haven't even gotten around to this year's lawn mower maintenance. Even without the chores, I have trouble staying out of my garden. Yesterday, Sierra spied no fewer than three toads underneath our forsythias. They seem to like it there. One of my apple trees bloomed for the first time. I had planted it when it was just a tiny stick of a sapling. The strawberries are also blooming, and I have had a number of plants "jump" to other parts of the garden. It's always a surprise to find a flower blooming without any effort on my part. This has been an incredible flowering season.

Of course, that means I'm also sneezing my head off...

I've also been working hard to color in the comic strips for last month's contest winners. I haven't forgotten that! Slow but steady, they are getting colored in and sent to the winners. I should have them all complete by the end of the month.

The last reason for my lack of posting is that I am very interested in your comments for this week's comics. Thanks to those who have replied to this week's topic: When homeschooling friends return to school. I will have something to say once I post Friday's comic strip. I'm going to cover a recent NY homeschooling issue. A topical issue in my comic strip. Scary. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...