Monday, February 16, 2009

Home Spun comic strip #322

Home Spun comic strip #322

My Source of All Knowledge is still in Italy, having a grand time, so I was forced to look online to find out which president it was that was ambidextrous. How many times has Marina told me this and I didn't remember? I'm a poor student. I scoured our encyclopedias and the internet before I found that fact. I believe she learned that from "Don't Know Much About US Presidents by Kenneth Davis. I really should pay more attention when Marina tells me these things.

Then I went looking for a fun fact about George Washington. I never knew how much he liked ice cream. Truth be told, I thought ice cream hadn't been invented yet. I could not have been more wrong! Ice cream has been around a long time. You learn a new thing every day when you homeschool your kids.

6 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

You also learn when you draw a comic about homeschooling. *L* How fun is that?

flmom said...

I'll have to look for that book my ds1 would love it. I believe the one we have as part of our home library is called Don't Know Much About U.S. History.

Vicki said...

A truer statement has never been said... Learning happens when you add kids. =P

Elizabeth Symington said...

I happened upon your site via Home School Dad's blog. It caught my eye because I was home schooled until 11th grade (and loved it!!) Reading your strip I heard my mom's voice in my head. She has said many times that she learned so much by teaching my brother and me.

I can't wait to read more of your blog. We've got several things in common: art and juggling!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

If you're interested in creating comics online, check out Pixton.com - an award-winning website where you create comics without having to draw.

You can design every aspect of your character, and move it into any pose you want. All you have to do is click-and-drag to change or reposition any part of it - the creative and artistic possibilities are endless.

Share with others, post to your blog or remix comics to add your own twist. Read comics in over 40 languages, with our automatic translation by Google. Language filters, privacy settings, and flagging mechanisms help preserve a safe online environment.

Try it out and let us know what you think. Sign-up is free!

thanks,
Clive
Creator of Pixton - Interactive Web Comics

Jessica said...

That is how I feel too. The other day Emily was reading a book about weather in the car while we drove and not only was she learning big words that I was able to help her with, but I was learning some things I had never heard before. Like how some cyclones can pick up small animals in the water and then rain them down on people. Interesting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...