Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Home Spun comic strip #323

Home Spun comic strip #323

I admit it. I like having places like the zoo, the aquarium, and museums to myself. I don't like trying to see over crowds or wait in lines that inch forward every ten minutes. And thankfully, I don't have to. It did not take me long to figure out the best time to go to these public places is on a weekday after 2PM. The school tours are usually on their way out to get back to their schools by 3. We could also go when these places open, assuming they open before 10 (our zoo does not), but I have to be realistic about my children's ability to wake up early.

Of course, the downside is that we can't share these adventures with my husband. He usually has to go to these things on the weekend. That's when all of the families come to the zoo, aquarium, museums and such. Poor daddy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have access to some wonderful places to visit!

Jessica said...

Yeah, I know what that is like. We love our Children's museum, but I always try to go when there are no school field trips. Sucks all of the fun out of the learning experience. It seems like the other kids go wild just to be out of the classroom.

Amelia Antwiler said...

Same here.
:-)I like the way you put it, too.

Lori said...

amen, sister! it's one of the best things about homeschooling! :^)

add in monday afternoon movies (1:00!) and .. wait .. shhhhhhhh

Unknown said...

We always go to the library right after lunch. My kids cannot stand to be there when public school gets out. They find it very discouraging that the public school kids are aloud to run and make noise.

Anonymous said...

We have been known to call the places that we're considering going and asking if there are any school groups scheduled to visit that day.

~Karen said...

Oh wow - this is so me! I feel really spoiled after so many years homeschooling. A place like the zoo is just NOT the same place on the weekend. I used to get in trouble because my kids got used to more freedom during those much less busy times and it drove my hubby nuts when we tried to go with him once in a while (more like once in a blue moon).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...