Monday, June 1, 2009

Home Spun comic strip #358

Home Spun comic strip #358

The mailman is a vital part of our homeschooling life. We are lucky to have one of the best mail carriers in our area. Really. I was at the main post office and when one of the clerks saw our address he said, "Oh! You have Donald! He's the best!" My children can talk his ear off, but he's always attentive, very cool about homeschooling and he'll even buy stamps for me if I need him to. He even helped with a project when we were looking for a listing of postal abbreviations. Most important, he brings our online book orders, which can be pretty heavy. We tip him with baked goods. Keep your postal carrier happy and your postal carrier will make sure your books don't get wet.

3 comments:

flmom said...

You are blessed!!! Our town doesn't have its own post office so we are serviced by a neighboring town. It's different carriers throughout the week - they aren't very friendly nor do they take care with packages. Of course our "ruralness" and having a cattle gate that prevents them from driving up to the house could have a lot to do with it. I've seen them throw packages over the gate or have come home to find them sitting in fully display of anyone driving by (thank goodness nothing has ever been stolen). I wish I could say the service in person at the actual post office is better, but it leaves a lot to be desired as well.

flmom said...

That should say "full display" - my typing skills are lacking today.

call*me*kate said...

I LOVED "Revisiting The Fireswamp"! "Well spoken, sir"
(I know that line came from the movie - also one of our favorites but I think you already knew that. Oh, yes, the 6-fingered man says that to Westley just as they come out of the fireswamp, right? We need to see that movie again, it's been awhile. We still quote from it all the time. Anyway, I enjoyed your family's version of Westley and Buttercup as homeschooling parents.

I also loved that face on Ana when she's refused a cookie - perfect! I used to play that game - I'd ask Mom if I could open something and she'd say no. Then I'd ask Dad - he always said yes. In fact, I started asking Dad first when I really, really wanted something. How quickly we learn, at least when we are young!

I always appreciate your comments - thanks for being my blog friend!
- Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...