Monday, February 21, 2011

Home Spun comic strip #586

Home Spun comic strip #586

I believe in reaping the benefits of homeschooling. If we end up with a beautiful day in the middle of winter, I like to take advantage of the fact that my kids aren't stuck in a classroom. So I send them outside to enjoy the sun. I did that last week when our weather flirted with the sixties, causing a good amount of our snow to melt (finally!) Mud is a small price to pay for fresh air. I remember how much I hated being stuck inside on a nice day when I was in school. Winter is hard enough. We need to enjoy the sun and blue skies whenever possible! It helps us hang in there while we are waiting for the spring.

6 comments:

Amanda, the Head Nut said...

We do the same thing here. Glad things are thawing out in New York!

Unknown said...

Too true! We had our windows open yesterday until a neighbor decided to burn something...yuck. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the kind words about my dh. He is still coughing tons, but on the mend. :)

jugglingpaynes said...

Amanda: It was a brief thaw. We had 4 or 5 inches of fresh snow today. *sigh*

Julie: I'm glad he's on the mend, that must be a load off your mind.

Angel R said...

Although we are still a month away from spring, I developed a spring mental state of mind. Once I get like that, there's no going back. It'll be warm again soon.
Love, Dad

Inner Elder said...

Another advantage of homeschooling - freedom to roam outdoors! Enjoyed our visit yesterday. There's always stimulating conversation at the Paynes. Love, Mom

Keeley said...

One spring my 11 year old daughter and her 11 year old friend, and my 6 year old son and his 6 year old friend all went walking the dog at the park across the road.

They saw mud. The 6year old friend thought "Muhahahaha" and threw a handful at his sister.
So, of course, his sister and my daughter had to retaliate.
And my son had to join in.
They were COVERED from head to toe in mud when they came home. Hahahahahaa!!!! I thought it was fabulous and took their picture.
The other kids' parents....not so much. =P Whoops!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...