Friday, February 3, 2012

Home Spun comic strip #705

Home Spun comic strip #705

If you haven't guessed by now, I recently had a doctor's appointment for a physical. During that appointment, my doctor was surprised to see I haven't had a mammogram since 2007 (that was my first ever). Of course, I wasn't surprised. I consider it an accomplishment if I can schedule the doctor's visit. I'm not very good at scheduling things in advance, and a doctor's visit usually needs to be scheduled at least a month or two in advance. Since I'm the family taxi, I have several schedules to keep track of. The past few years have been a bit full of events--black belt exam, a first Communion, a Confirmation, dance and film classes, trips to Europe that required my husband and me to take Marina for a passport, working papers for Marina, college classes....you get the idea. We've been busy. I'm more surprised that I ever found the time in 2007 to get the base mammogram.

I always say it's important that we take care of ourselves. It is. And if I could go to one appointment every year where I had my physical, a mammogram, a gynecological exam and get my teeth cleaned all in one day, I would be more likely to make that appointment and keep it. Unfortunately, life isn't that simple. I find it much simpler to coordinate juggling five balls.

I did make an appointment for a mammogram. They were able to fit me in two weeks from my doctor's appointment. That's about as far into the future as I can plan. I like to live in the now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you enjoy my comics, the first collection, No School Today? is available from these sellers:

CreateSpace
Amazon.com
~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

Inner Elder said...

A busy schedule is a sign of a full active life. At least you're not bored! I am happy that you schedule in your busy life some time for yourself - your Yoga class, e.g. That is good planning! Love, Mom

Fatcat said...

I also want to have everything done in one day, preferably while I'm under anesthesia. While we're getting our exams and mammos and teeth cleanings, lets get a manicure, pedicure and eyebrow waxing as well. :-P

jugglingpaynes said...

Fatcat: Sounds like a good idea to me! It can be a prize for undergoing all of the discomfort of the exams and tests. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...