Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Home Spun comic strip #722

Home Spun comic strip #722

They may not know they are learning, but I have to, for the purpose of reporting their progress. The one benefit that has come out of reporting to our school district is that I recognize the need to be aware of what they are doing at any given moment. I also need to figure out how to convert this raw learning into education speak. It's not always easy as recognizing they are playing with the hardness scale of minerals. Sometimes it's discovering surface tension with bubbles, or exploring microhabitats in the backyard or park. And the trick is to write it all down before I forget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you enjoy my comics, the first collection, No School Today? is available from these sellers:

CreateSpace
Amazon.com

~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

Kez said...

Yep, I hear you! Any idea how to translate palm reading into education speak? That's the latest learning going on here :)

CSPeterson said...

All real learning comes through experience. Isn't it funny that our society is arranged so that learning is not really 'valid' until it is translated into eduspeak? I've been reading "Wonder" with the boys. The main character is homeschooled in the beginning of the book and another child character comments "so you've never had a real teacher..."

jugglingpaynes said...

CSPeterson: I've heard about that book and it sounds intriguing! I'm thinking of picking it up soon. I would love to hear your review of it.

Kez: Good question! Since you are studying the lines of the hand, maybe anatomy? I need to think about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...