Monday, July 11, 2016

You Have My Permission to Do the Same

We had our first heat wave last week, and so I fell behind in my commitment to posting weekly. I'm stating this as a fact. I do this for the writing practice and simply because I do like to write. But life does get in the way sometimes.

I tend to beat myself up too much when I fail in a commitment, whether it is to myself or someone else. But there are times when there is nothing you can do but keep ahead of the wave. Work and housework pile up. Children get sick. Tragedies happen. We never know what each day will hold, so we must give ourselves permission to miss a deadline, to prioritize family or friends, to take a day for rest. That last one is the hardest for me. I'm very good at forgiving myself for prioritizing family, but I rarely prioritize myself. So when it was so hot that I could not stand the thought of sitting at my computer in one of the warmest parts of the house, I camped in front of a fan with a book and read.

I also took pictures in my yard.

Our cat "walking" on his leash

One of our many chipmunks

 

An oriole. He's been difficult to catch on camera.

I enjoyed myself. And I am not going to feel guilty about it.

2 comments:

Inner Elder said...

You are probably the only person who is sticking to their New Years Resolution. Bravo! Glad you are not feeling guilty about taking care of yourself. Love you, Mom

Paula Vince said...

Sounds like a good idea. I love the photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...