Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Purple Trail Revisited

Quick quiz! Anyone remember where we were last year on April 19th? If you said "Lost in the woods" you know me way too well! Yes, last year, exactly a year to the day, we were lost in the woods all because I decided to take the purple trail. And yesterday was such a beautiful day we found ourselves walking those same trails that caused us so much trouble.

cranlake1

This time, we were able to enjoy the quarry. And we brought hubby along to ensure that if we got lost, we would all be lost together.

cranlake2

I like to think of these quarry walls as the Cliffs of Insanity. Hubby called them the Cliffs of Mental Distress (they weren't high enough to be insane).

cranlake3

It was nice to come without being lost. We were able to explore more. This small lake is hidden in the old quarry.

cranlake4

Here we have hubby reliving his theatre days. I assure you they are not far off the ground!

cranlake5

Without last year's nor'easter, the waterfall is not nearly as impressive, but it is still lovely.

cranlake6

And this time we even found some wildlife! This is a young snapping turtle that was pretending to be a rock in the path. My kids know better than to touch this little guy. His neck can stretch at least as long as his tail, and they aren't called snapping turtles for nothing!

2 comments:

TobyBo said...

Hi there and I hope you are feeling better. I have to admit the new couch drawing above looks familiar to me. And I do not like even looking at the photo of your family on the rock ledge, no matter how high they were or were not above the ground. I do not do heights.

Inner Elder said...

Thanks for the beautiful photos. Is that the same trail we took on my birthday with my bruised ribs and I didn't think I'd make it back? Because I don't remember that quarry. Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...