Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rites of Spring, Part 2

Last weekend was busy. In fact, the busy has been nonstop for a while now, but there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel and I finally have time to post about last weekend.

On Saturday the Fifteenth, Marina turned 17. It seems my oldest child is reaching the end of her official childhood, although I hope she keeps the childlike wonder for many years to come. I remember back to all of those past struggles--sleepless nights, potty training, learning to read, first lost tooth, higher math concepts...The days slipped by and now I am helping her with her latest milestone, college. How time flies!

On the same day, we celebrated Chase's Confirmation.

Kids: May 2010

To me, it is a graduation of sorts. It signifies the end of religious education, he gets the robe and a certificate, and now he is considered an adult in the eyes of the church, responsible for his spiritual life. Here is a picture of him with my mother and the bishop.

Confirmation

My mother sponsored him since his godmother lives in California and we had no time to contact his godfather. I had so much paperwork and meetings between his Confirmation and Sierra's First Communion this year, I'm lucky I remembered anything that wasn't written down.

One more birthday to celebrate tomorrow and May Madness will draw to a close. I wonder how long it will be before I stop waking up panicked thinking there is something I need to do?

2 comments:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

So very much changing in your family!!!! Congrat's on so many milestones.

Kez said...

Glad you're surviving your May madness! Happy b'day to Marina and congratulations to Chase!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...